Hi Ingo,

First of all, CSS(3) is a failed descriptive language. Inspite of its
complexity it does not support some basic requirements of layout
management.
So you have to choose a layout which is possible with CSS. You can't
define a layout and find out how to do it with CSS.

I watched your video. I detected things which went wrong.

The TabPanel has still a "flow layout". It grows when a inner div
moves to the next "line".
You probably want the tabPanel grow and shrink with the browser
window. This is possible with an absolute layout (LayoutPanel)
However, the panel with "search" has actually a flow layout, but this
conflicts with the above. You should give this panel a fixed height.

My proposal without looking into your source,
use RootLayoutPanel
add SearchPanel with TopHeight (0, height)
add TabPanel with TopBottom (height, 0)
(both panel with LeftRight (0, 0)

This should make your TabPanel grow and shrink with your browser
window.

A the very moment the TabPanel could not grow on inner changes, the
scrollbar has a chance to appear because the inner needs to be larger
than the outer.

Stefan Bachert
http://gwtworld.de