On 07/05/2010 02:48 PM, Thomas Broyer wrote:

> On 4 juil, 15:19, james <treas...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Last week I was trying to find a similar example and couldn't. So I
>> took a little time an wrote a quick blog post with a small example app
>> that should help you get started with logging.
>>
>> http://treasonx.blogspot.com/2010/07/gwt-21-logging.html
>
> There's a sample in the SVN repo. Maybe it's even bundled with the M2.
> I haven't yet looked at it but I guess it could answer many of your
> questions.
> http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/source/browse/trunk/samples/logexample/

Well, that's certainly one example.

I was looking for something that would get to the 2.1 stuff from Fred
Sauer's logging.

Here's what I've found so far:

o Using the following idiom in each class that used the FS logger:
final private Logger logger;

ctor {
  logger = Logger.getLogger(this.getClass().getName());
}

then, where I used
 Log.debug(msg); // where msg included the class name
switch to
 logger.fine(msg);

is a bit verbose in that certain GWT classes are also intruding at the
FINE level. I will switch to a different log level. Otherwise, all is
copacetic.

o Go through /all/ the log handlers and disable the ones you don't want.
I forgot SimpleRemoteHandler and it took a few minutes to discover the
problem.