Hi,

there is nothing special in a GWT servlet regarding hibernate.
You can use any best practice you know or find for classical web
technology.

But aware, classical technology renders the gui as html in the server
(making the server in truth to a fat-client using the browser as an
ultra-thin-client).
GWT is a real client-server model. There is no lazy loading in client/
browser possible.

I use JPA with hibernate but session handling is done by JPA/eclipse
link.

Stefan Bachert
http://gwtworld.de