Hi,
 Can anyone suggest a work around for
http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/issues/detail?id=5109

I'll have to look at the src when I get time but this is nuts to me.

Does this work for you?

private String showRequestedMethod(ServletRequest request) throws
IOException, ServletException {

                //requestCopy2=(HttpServletRequest) request;

                //HttpServletRequest requestCopy =(HttpServletRequest) request;

                String r1 = request.toString();
                Log.info("request.length" + request.getContentLength());
                String payload =
RPCServletUtils.readContentAsUtf8(((HttpServletRequest) request));
                Log.info("payload: "+payload);
                pay=payload;
                RPCRequest rpc_request = RPC.decodeRequest(payload);
//              Log.info("rpc. method " + rpc_request.getMethod());
                Log.info("r.ts "+request.toString());

                Log.info("request.length" + request.getContentLength());
                String r2= request.toString();
                String payload2;
                try {
                        payload2 =
RPCServletUtils.readContentAsUtf8(((HttpServletRequest) request));
                        Log.info("payload2: "+payload2);

                } catch (Exception e) {
                        Log.info("Why the #$% "+ e.getMessage());
                        e.printStackTrace();
                }
                Log.info("r.ts2 "+request.toString());

                Log.info("Are r1 and r2 the same???? "+r1.equals(r2));

                return rpc_request.getMethod().toString();
}

I get an error every time saying "Client did not send 197 bytes as
expected".  Why it's the same request that is passed into
RPCServletUtils.readContentAsUtf8(((HttpServletRequest) request));

Basically I am checking for authorization in a filter so I need to
find out what rpc method is being called.  Then if the user has auth,
I let it go through but then see an error when the method is really
called.  I call it twice in this method as an example to narrow down
what is failing.

Any help?  Please!

Shawn

PS. perhaps this is related