How do you instantiate and populate your view? Is it fully created
before the presenter constructor is called?

For my part, I use GIN and the gwt-platform mechanism which has an
onBind() method that is invoked automatically after all the relevant
objects are constructed. The onBind() method is called only once
unless you manually unbind() the presenter.

It could also be totally unrelated, though. I had a similar behavior
at some point when I manipulated widget's elements (via getElement) a
bit too liberally.

Hope it helps,

    Philippe