The notion of pages in a GWT app for someone experiences with a
traditional web app (for example, a JSF based app) is definitely a bit
confusing.

The basic scheme of displaying different panels (in the same page) is
the GWT approach, but how would you handle the situation where the
"admin" section of the app needs to be protected by a security
constraint requiring the user to login before that portion of the app
is available? In JSF this is straight forward, based on the path. But
with GWT to have another path you would need to have another module
with another host page...