I am doing like the Google IO Linkers video:

@LinkerOrder(Order.POST)
public class OfflineLinker extends AbstractLinker {

        @Override
        public String getDescription() {
                return "HTML 5 Offline Linker";
        }

        @Override
        public ArtifactSet link(TreeLogger logger, LinkerContext context,
                        ArtifactSet artifacts) throws UnableToCompleteException
{
                ArtifactSet artifactSet = new ArtifactSet(artifacts);
                StringBuilder buf = new StringBuilder();
                buf.append("CACHE MANIFEST\nindex.html\n");
                buf.append("#").append(System.currentTimeMillis()).append("\n");

                for(EmittedArtifact
artifact:artifacts.find(EmittedArtifact.class)){
                        if(!artifact.isPrivate()){

buf.append(artifact.getPartialPath()).append("\n");
                EmittedArtifact artifact = emitString(logger, buf.toString(),
"gt.manifest"); //my manifest file name
                artifactSet.add(artifact);
                return artifactSet;

I also needed this servlet (mapped to /gt.manifest) :

public class ManifestServlet extends HttpServlet{
        @Override
        protected void service(HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse
resp)
                        throws ServletException, IOException {
                resp.setContentType("text/cache-manifest");
                RequestDispatcher disp = req.getRequestDispatcher("/gt/
gt.manifest");
                disp.forward(req, resp);

It seems to be working, but debugging is not easy.