--- On Mon, 8/2/10, Rob Coops <rco...@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Rob Coops <rco...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: CSS and panel alignment
To: google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com
Date: Monday, August 2, 2010, 7:41 PM

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 1:34 PM, Leung <leung1_2...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi,

In the host html file, I have a div to specify the location to load the widget
which is a vertical panel. I add 2 horizontal panel to it. I want the first one
to be left alignment. The second one is right alignment.
Should I define it from the div tag of the host file? Or should I define it on
the panel constructor using this.setHorizontalAlignment(align)?

I have tried to use this.setHorizontalAlignment(align) but the alignment not so
right. Both panel's components are aligning to the left.

Thanks

Hi,

I would advise using something along the lines of firebug or the Chrome
developer plugin. Most likely you will see that the style you are trying to set
is not being applied correctly. To me it sounds a lot like the problem is that
the things you are adding are tables not div's (vertical and horizontal panels
are mostly tables) so you might be setting the table alignment to left and
right but the cell contents is not following this alignment.

Using things like docklayoutpannel and layoutpannel will give you div's that
will make your life a lot easier as they will let the children inherit these
settings just like you expect them to do.

Regards,

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thank you very much for your reply.
Yes, you are correct. I put the <div> within the <tr> of the table, but I have
not specified the align of the table. I expect that it would leave it to the
panels but it doesnt. Is there any secure way to be sure that the align will be
overrided by the panel/widget if necessary?

Thanks
Ming