Hello,
I am learning GWT for a while. I tried tutorials of GWT. I learnt
Hibernate as well. Now I am going to work on a real application. It is
divided into 2 parts: Standalone Desktop mode(without internet
connection) and web mode(with internet connection, front end will
remain same as for Desktop mode, with an added button nd some message
boxes).
This project is connected to other project so i have to use the same
configuration (if possible to use this all) used for that main
project, the configuration includes:
GWT - for front end and business logic
Hibernate - Database connectivity
MySQL - as a database
Ant - war built tool
Tomcat - Application server
log4j - for logging
SVN - repository

My query is ' can I use this configuration for this project?
Desktop mode has no Database connectivity, but use xml to store data.
Do i need to use Tomcat for desktop mode?
What other things I need to be careful with?