You can't change the timezone. You can't even create a date on the
client and tell it what timezone it should be in - Javascript does not
provide a way to do this.

If you want dates on the client to appear to be the same time of day and
date as it is on the server, regardless of the client's timezone, and
you are using GWT serialization, then you have two options:
(1) Avoid Date objects in your DTOs, and use some encoding of your own
instead
(2) Modify GWT itself so that its custom serializers for java.util.Date,
java.sql.Date and java.sql.Timestamp serialize the
day/month/year/hour/minute separately instead of storing the time since
1970.

See here for more details:
http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit/browse_thread/thread/5c397f3ffc4e24fa/e6344c0dad5f37b3

Paul