Looks like you need a cron job at your server.

The timer class is a client side thing and will live only until your user
close the page.

If your images are bound to a give user, you can check when that user log-in
into your site if the have images to be deleted.

The cron approach scales better because your can make it run on periods when
the access to your app is smaller.

Also try to avoid sending too much e-mails in small space of time, this
behavior can be saw as spam by some filters.

hope it helps.

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 5:53 PM, GKotta <guruko...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need to find a way to delete some images in the database after two
> months. I thought of using the timer class, but I think it only lasts
> one session. Does anyone know how I could do this?
>
> Also, I need to email those images out before I delete them. How would
> I send those images as an attachment?
>
> Thanks!

André Moraes
Analista de Desenvolvimento de Sistemas