actually, EventBus is meant by GWT to be enganged with business events
across components reside on the client. What u're looking for is
rather a messaging service, so better focus on GWTEventService - its
better suited. In fact, the real implementation can indeed use
HandlerManager to propagate events once on the client but
GWTEventService offers more than just that, give it a try...