My web service, written in GWT (with GXT) needs an XML configuration
file. At the moment, the file is in my resources area. Therefore, by
calling a service on my server, it will grab the file, unmarshall it
with JAXB etc, etc, etc.

However, at some point, I will need to access subversion. This will
allow me to: Check one of many configuration files... edit it in my
application if need be and 'save' (i.e. marshall everything back into
xml and then commit into subversion).

I also need a way to create a 'blank file', in case a user wants to
'start fresh' and build their own configuration from scratch, thereby
using subversion once the XML file is created.

What would be the best way to do this, if it is deployed in Tomcat?
>From what I understand.. there is something called 'Sandbox' in the
app engine? Is this the kind of thing I want?

Thank you kindly,

Malcolm.