If I had something like gwt-2.0.4-src.zip, that would be true.

However, I haven't found any package like this, only gwt-2.0.4.zip is
available for download, with binaries only. The only sources I've found
are sources classifier archetypes in Maven repository, but they do not
preserve the SVN directory structure, do not contain tests, etc...

I also believe the current state at releases/2.0 should equal tag/2.0.4,
because the next development takes place in 2.1 branches, but I would
like someone to verify that.

Thanks,

Karel