Itemscript (http://code.google.com/p/itemscript/) is a JSON toolkit
for GWT and Java.  Itemscript is a schema specification for JSON
data.  Itemscript provides:

A cross-platform GWT & standard Java JSON library, with convenient
classes, parsers, and utilities.
A RESTful connector API for retrieval of data (JSON, text & small
binary files) over a variety of protocols.
A simple in-memory database with a RESTful interface, useful as a mock
server for testing & development, and for managing application state.
A validator for the Itemscript Schema JSON schema language.
The JAM template language, using JSON values, usable in both GWT &
standard Java.

We aim to enable lean iterations on the client side with JAM and a
REST API to the backend via the mock server.  We just recently updated
the libraries with the validator and JAM template language.

Itemscript is open source, published under the new BSD license.

Bill Braasch
b...@itemscript.org