> The @external part is what I don't like. This makes it impossible to

obfuscate and thus optimize the generated code.

Yeah well, right, but in that case, it doesn't really matter, in the
following, the only part that will no get obfuscated is : gwt-MenuItem
. The external style you use are the one used by gwt widget and the thing
that bugs me is that I have to copy past them in my @External. I could also
have set a style for every MenuItem like I did for MenuBar, but that'll be
more work.

@external gwt-MenuItem;
.mesy-MainMenu .gwt-MenuItem {

Something like this in firebug will be like : .g37d7g9 .gwt-MenuItem . Take
a look, the first part is obfuscated and refer that my base class :D

 The CssResource stuff also has the added benefit that you can not make

a mistake in stylenames since it is checked at compile time.

Same thing here, you don't actually use @external style inside your code, so
you don't need that check.

Anyway, there's always place for improvement :D

Cheers,

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 2:12 PM, stuckagain <david.no...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The @external part is what I don't like. This makes it impossible to
> obfuscate and thus optimize the generated code.
>
> The CssResource stuff also has the added benefit that you can not make
> a mistake in stylenames since it is checked at compile time.
>
> > For the rest of your email, I just want to say that I entirely
> > disagree. I really like what the GWT team is doing and how the
> > framework is progressing. Keep up the good work guys!
>
> Don't get me wrong: I like GWT. But I'm frustrated that bug fixing
> does not seem to be a high priority.
> And I am not talking about functional enhancements, I'm talking about
> issues in event handling not working, leaks in IFrames, ... etc.
>
> David

Christian Goudreau
www.arcbees.com