Hello all,

I want to run a perl script on the server side and feed the output to
the client.

In my server side of the implementation of the RPC service I have the
code which is posted below. When the boolean tryexec == false
everything works fine. When it's true I get the following error:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException' threw an unexpected exception:
(java.io.FilePermission <<ALL FILES>> execute)

However, when I run the identical code in a small little java code (no
GWT) both instances work fine.

Any ideas what I need to do?

Cheers

Andrew

boolean tryexec = false;
System.out.println("About to try read....");
if (tryexec)
{
        Runtime r = Runtime.getRuntime();
        Process p = null;
        try {
                System.out.println("Using exec");
                p = r.exec("cat fakeDQMdata/index.txt");
        } catch (IOException e1) {
                e1.printStackTrace();
        }

        br = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(p.getInputStream()));
}
else
{
        try {