I certainly know how you feel - I'd love to see some documentation for
2.1 as well. I'm sure the gwt team is diligently working on it as we
speak.

Here's some code that I just wrote, that hopefully will help. I'm
passing my ListDataProvider from my presenter into my view.. I'm still
uncertain if this is the best approach.

Presenter
---------

   private void updateTable(List<Listing> result) {
      ListDataProvider<Listing> listingDataProvider = new
         ListDataProvider<Listing>(result);

      getView().renderListingTable(listingDataProvider);
   }

View
-----
 public void renderListingTable(ListDataProvider<Listing> provider) {
      CellTable<Listing> ListingCellTable = new CellTable<Listing>();

      ListingPanel.add(ListingCellTable);
      ListingCellTable.setTitle("Current Listings");
      ListingCellTable.setHeight("300px");

      Column<Listing, String> nameColumn =
         new Column<Listing, String>(new TextCell()) {
            @Override
            public String getValue(Listing object) {
                    return object.getItemName();
            }
      };

      Column<Listing, String> ListingStatusColumn =
         new Column<Listing, String>(new TextCell()) {
            @Override
            public String getValue(Listing object) {
                  return object.getStatus().toString();
            }
      };

      ListingCellTable.addColumn(nameColumn, "Listing");
      ListingCellTable.addColumn(ListingStatusColumn, "Status");

      provider.addDataDisplay(ListingCellTable);