I'm trying to make GWT linker generate shorter filenames for
*.cache.html files.

My background is the following. I'm trying to put the code generated
from GWT compiler onto SAP Web Application Server. This is not a
regular directory-based server that we're all used to. It keeps the
files in the database where the filename field is 40 characters long.
The filename of *.cache.html file is 43 chars.

Currently my workaround is manually trim the filename and replace
occurrences in the other files, but this is really messy in the long
run.

I'm looking for the easiest possible way to modify standard GWT linker
so that it produces shorter filenames.