I appreciate the example Daniel. As an experiment I used UiBinder to
replace the User panel. That was straightforward. The UiBinder class
code for those interested is posted at the end of the message.

I am now trying to move the framework into my application but without
success. My app has a DockLayoutPanel and for the 'east' panel I put
in an HTMLPanel with some text so I could see if it was there. When I
do a PlaceController 'goto' to replace that panel with my desired
panel nothing changes. I stepped through all the activity, mapper and
other code but don't see anything awry.

What I think I is happening is that the new activity / display is
getting handled properly but it isn't actually getting into the
DockLayoutPanel east item. I think I need to get the existing east
panel and add my UI class to it but don't see how to get the east
panel.

Another question is how to get activityManager.setDisplay to accept a
Ui binder class. The Ui binder class implements Activity.Display but
setDisplay wants just a Display. Casting results in a runtime error.

Any suggestions?? Anyone??

Rud
http://mysticlakesoftware.com

public class UserUi extends Composite implements
UserActivity.UserDisplay {
        private static UserUiUiBinder uiBinder =
GWT.create(UserUiUiBinder.class);
        interface UserUiUiBinder extends UiBinder<Widget, UserUi> {}
        public UserUi() {
                initWidget(uiBinder.createAndBindUi(this));
        }

        @Override
        public Widget asWidget() {
                return this;