I have a largish GWT 2.0.4 application developed on eclipse Helios.

It runs fine compiled but the development mode is a disaster taking at
least 1-2 minutes for the first page load on Chrome (during which I
have to dismiss a couple of "plug-in unresponsive" messages) and
causing Windows to hang on FireFox. Sometimes it is actually quicker
to compile the whole thing into hosted JS. Interestingly it all worked
somewhat better with FF on Mac.

Any thoughts anyone?  I saw some old threads about this but none
seemed to have a conclusion.

Thanks

Marc

PS Am using a couple of libraries
com.allen_sauer.gwt.log
org.gwt.advanced.Grid
com.google.gwt.maps.GoogleMaps
com.reveregroup.gwt.imagepreloader.ImagePreloader