I don't know if this will help, but i recreated the Contact Details
app which is under the "Large scale application development" article
at http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/articles/mvp-architecture.html
using just a clientFactory to allow a more thorough working example
using GWT 2.1 Activities and Places to play with.  You can find it
under my blog at:

http://www.bright-creations.com/blog/gwt-2-1-mvp-client-factory-example/

It's still not using GIN, but my task for tonight (and it's already 11
p.m. so better get my backside moving) is that I'm in the process of
seeing how to inject references using GIN.  Í'll let you know the
outcome.

In the meantime, if this helps anyone with playing with GIN and
activities, and you manage to get it done quicker than I can, then let
me know and I'd love to link to it.  Otherwise, i'll let you know the
outcomes asap.

Moe