Hi all,

So here's my challenge:

I have code that gives me a java.awt.Image that is NOT a
BufferedImage.  The only Java code I can find for saving an image
requires you to have a BufferedImage.  I found some code that should
make a BufferedImage from an Image:

        int     type = BufferedImage.TYPE_INT_RGB;
        int     width = theImage.getWidth (null);
        int     height = theImage.getHeight (null);

        BufferedImage   bufferedImage = new BufferedImage (width, height,
type);
        if (!bufferedImage.getGraphics().drawImage(theImage, 0 , 0, null))
                return null;

        return bufferedImage;

This code works every time, when I single step through the debugger.
However, when I try to just run the code, it fails every time.

1: Is there a way to write an Image that isn't a BufferedImage to
disk?
2: Is there a good way to send a java.awt.Image to a GWT client?
3: Is there any reason why the above code should not work in a
servlet?

TIA,

Greg