Hi folks

My goal is to support theme selections at run time. Here is what I'm
planning to do. I have some questions and I'm also looking for
comments and suggestions:

- start with a builtin GWT theme (standard, chrome, or dark) by
declaring <inherit> in .gwt.xml module file.
- create .css files that override the default:

    @external gwt-Button;
    .gwt-Button { font-size:150% }

- ship the css themes in a client bundle
- create a style element at the end of <head>
- swap its content using StyleInjector.setContents( styleElem,
MyResourceBundle.theme1().getText() )

questions:

@external is required for all the .gwt-*. There is no way around it,
is there?
Is it slow to swap the content of the style element? If so, would
swapping style's href be faster? How do I get the URL to the style
sheets in the resource bundle?

any comments & suggestions are welcome

I'm using GWT 2.1 RC1
thanks