setRowData(0, list_with_2_elements) "replaces" elements 0 and 1.  Its
designed this way so you can do incremental loading, or push updates of
specific rows.  If you want to hide the last three elements, you have to set
the row count:
CellList#setRowCount(2, true);

Adding more data to the CellList automatically increases the row count.

As Chris mentioned, using a ListDataProvider is an even better option.  Any
modifications you make to the underlying java.util.List (via
ListDataProvider#getList()) will be reflected in the table.

Thanks,
John LaBanca
jlaba...@google.com