Here is more information on this issue.  I am using JavaEE.  I am
behind a proxy at work but can access many other update sites like the
Helios update site, subclipse, WTP, EMF, etc.

I switched to the classic update site and tried to install that way
and got this error:

Unable to retrieve remote reference "http://dl.google.com/eclipse/
plugin/3.6/features/
com.google.gdt.eclipse.suite.e36.feature_1.4.0.v201010280102.jar".
[Server returned HTTP response code: "403 Forbidden" for URL:
http://dl.google.com/eclipse/plugin/3.6/features/com.google.gdt.eclipse.suite.e36.feature_1.4.0.v201010280102.jar.]

org.eclipse.update.internal.core.FatalIOException: Server returned
HTTP response code: "403 Forbidden" for URL:
http://dl.google.com/eclipse/plugin/3.6/features/com.google.gdt.eclipse.suite.e36.feature_1.4.0.v201010280102.jar.
        at
org.eclipse.update.internal.core.UpdateManagerUtils.checkConnectionResult(UpdateManagerUtils.java:
468)
        at
org.eclipse.update.core.ContentReference.getInputStream(ContentReference.java:
149)
        at
org.eclipse.update.core.FeatureContentProvider.asLocalReference(FeatureContentProvider.java:
264)
        at
org.eclipse.update.internal.core.FeaturePackagedContentProvider.getFeatureEntryArchiveReferences(FeaturePackagedContentProvider.java:
157)
        at
org.eclipse.update.internal.core.FeaturePackagedContentProvider.getFeatureManifestReference(FeaturePackagedContentProvider.java:
83)
        at
org.eclipse.update.internal.core.FeaturePackagedFactory.createFeature(FeaturePackagedFactory.java:
39)
        at org.eclipse.update.core.Site.createFeature(Site.java:536)
        at
org.eclipse.update.core.FeatureReference.createFeature(FeatureReference.java:
124)
        at
org.eclipse.update.core.FeatureReference.getFeature(FeatureReference.java:
112)
        at
org.eclipse.update.core.FeatureReference.getFeature(FeatureReference.java:
99)
        at org.eclipse.update.internal.search.SiteSearchCategory
$FeatureDownloader.run(SiteSearchCategory.java:218)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)