I'm trying to build some unit tests for a GWT application.

I'm using GWT 2.2, SmartGWT 1.6, JUNIT 4.5 (I also tried JUNIT 3.8),
Tomcat 6, and Netbeans 6.9.1.

What happens is that I'll try to run my tests and the test will crash
hard with the following exception:

Exception in thread "htmlUnit client thread"
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.<init>(Lorg/apache/commons/
httpclient/HttpConnectionManager;)V
        at
com.gargoylesoftware.htmlunit.HttpWebConnection.createHttpClient(HttpWebConnection.java:
394)
        at
com.gargoylesoftware.htmlunit.HttpWebConnection.getHttpClient(HttpWebConnection.java:
352)
        at
com.gargoylesoftware.htmlunit.HttpWebConnection.getResponse(HttpWebConnection.java:
94)
        at
com.gargoylesoftware.htmlunit.WebClient.loadWebResponseFromWebConnection(WebClient.java:
1397)
        at
com.gargoylesoftware.htmlunit.WebClient.loadWebResponse(WebClient.java:
1331)
        at
com.gargoylesoftware.htmlunit.WebClient.getPage(WebClient.java:293)
        at
com.gargoylesoftware.htmlunit.WebClient.getPage(WebClient.java:354)
        at
com.gargoylesoftware.htmlunit.WebClient.getPage(WebClient.java:339)
        at com.google.gwt.junit.RunStyleHtmlUnit
$HtmlUnitThread.run(RunStyleHtmlUnit.java:100)

I realize that NoSuchMethodError is almost invariably caused by
classpath or classloader issues and have been trying to dissect that
but without success. I can only find one copy of htmlunit on my
runtime classpath (it's in GWT-user.jar) and I'm not really sure where
else to look for causes of this problem.
Do I need to add GWT jars to Tomcat or something for my unit tests to
work?
Has anyone run into this problem before? I can't figure out how I can
solve it. Any suggestions or strategies would be most appreciated.
Thanks