I have a ScrollTable that I sometimes need to sort programmatically
and would like to indicate to the user which column has been used to
sort.

In the javadocs at http://collectionofdemos.appspot.com, I find that
the AbstractScrollTable has the applySortedColumnIndicator method that
seems just what I need.

But when I try to use it:
// currentView is my ScrollTable
currentView.applySortedColumnIndicator(headerElem, isAscending);
or
((AbstractScrollTable)currentView).applySortedColumnIndicator(headerElem,
isAscending);

I get the error:
The method applySortedColumnIndicator(Element, boolean) from the type
AbstractScrollTable is not visible

Am I doing something very wrong?  Is there a workaround?
http://collectionofdemos.appspot.com/javadoc/com/google/gwt/widgetideas/table/client/ScrollTable.html#applySortedColumnIndicator(com.google.gwt.user.client.Element,
boolean) indicates this method is deprecated, but I don't see any
mention of a replacement.

Perhaps I am just running into bug 56, reported at:
http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit-incubator/issues/detail?id=56
?

That last thought may be the correct conclusion, but it is late in my
timezone and I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer on my best
days.... :)

Thanks in advance for help/advice/etc....
RB