For the project I am working on, I need to develop a Google Docs like
feature since we should support collaborative document editing.  I
already have a mechanism based on Comet that can synchronize data, but
I need to be able to update a text onscreen based on what is being
keyed in on the client, and what is coming in through from the server.

Currently I'm using a rich text area, problem with that is though when
a update comes in, the cursor moved back to the top left corner, or
when people are editing on the same line, all people share the same
cursor, which results in all user effectively overwriting each other.

Any other widget I can use, or any way I can integrate Google Docs in
the platform I'm developing?