I took another approach but have hit a roadblock. Instead of starting
with CheckboxCell and CompositeCell, I started with the SelectionCell
figuring that it already had multiple options. Unfortunately, I
haven't figured out a way to get the "radio group" (aka "name") field
into the generated safehtml. I need a unique group per cell (for all
of the radio buttons that are created) which on the surface isn't
hard. My plan is to generate a new group name for them when "render"
is called.

The one part I'm stumped in is that I need to append some text after
the <input ..../> text. For example: <input type="radio" name"group1"
value="Goobers" /> Goobers

When I add the " Goobers" at the end, I get an exception: Content is
not allowed in trailing section. I was using a Template to generate
the SafeHTML. The template looks like the following:
            @Template("<input type=\"radio\" name=\"{0}\" value=\"{1}\"/>
{1}")

I'm doing something wrong (perhaps carrying something over from the
SelectionCell I shouldn't be) but the html would seem correct. Any
ideas?