i guess jquery would be best for drupal / wordpress to achieve web2.0
effects. I mean GWT can be used just as a cross compiler, i.e. if you
want to build complex OOP driven masterpiece with no widgets and dont
want to pseudo OOP on javascript. so its all about the problem to
solve....

wud be good to know your intention? p.s. as for CMS you can also try
vosao :)