Hi,

I am newbie to GWT and I am trying to find the best way to communicate
a password from a GWT application's client-side to a server's-side
service without using SSL. Of course, I am thinking about account
creation and login issues. We don't want Eve and Malory to fiddle with
the communication.

My question is the following:

The 'Organize Projects' GWT page says that client code is completely
translated into Javascript.

So, if I import a 3rd party encryption library and use its public
object/methods to encrypt information I want to send to my server-side
service via RPC, does it means that GWT will also translate the 3rd
party code into Javascript?

If yes, this would be fantastic, because I could use that same library
on the server-side to decrypt the communicated information. Of course,
the technical details are more complicated, because I would have to
think PKI etc...

But does this seem like a possible alternative to SSL. Am I missing
something fundamental about GWT and RPC or is this worth trying?

Thanks!