Well not much response on that topic, so let me explain in a better way my
problem. I have the class Facility in shared folder (client and server).

public class Facility {
  private List<Log> logs;
  // getter, setter
}

public class Log {
  private Date date;
  // getter, setter
}

I would like to run this method server side. Right now it does not take
account for locale and is a method of Facility:

public Map<String, Integer> countAccess() {
  SimpleDateFormat smf = new SimpleDateFormat("M");
  Map<String, Integer> mapAccess = new HashMap<String, Integer>();
  for(Log log: logs) {
    String currentMonth = smf.format(log.getDate());
    Integer count = mapAccess.get(currentMonth);
    if(count == null) {
      count = 1;
    }
    mapAccess.put(currentMonth, count);
  }
  return mapAccess;
}

The facility has been accessed only once on 12/01/10 at 1:30 GMT, several
users would have different report:
locale en-US: November 1, December 0
locale fr-FR: Novembre 0, Decembre 1

1/ I understand that to use this algorithm it needs to be executed on the
server side, but the method is part of an object Facility that can be shared
client and server side. Where should I put this method to be able to run it
on the server side? Also this version does not use any locale, so how can I
get the client locale?

2/ Another solution is to return the list of date and run the algorithm on
the client side by using DateTimeFormat but I am wondering if it's a good
solution since you have to send a lot of data over the wire.

Thanks