Not really what I'm going for.  You get that same functionality with

<ui:with field='common'
type='agt.fathom.ifathom.common.client.CommonBundle' />

I want to be able to do:

---- common.css -----
@def COLOR_THREE #aaeeaa;

---- *.ui.xml -----
<ui:style>
.myViewSpecificCss {
 border: 1px solid COLOR_THREE;
}
</ui:style>

I know you can do

<ui:style src="someCss.css">
.myViewSpecificCss {
 border: 1px solid COLOR_THREE;
}
</ui:style>

but the css file with the definitions is in a different project, so I
can't relatively reference it.  There should be a way to get the @def
definitions from a CSS resource made available in a <ui:style> tag.