Hi,

Some times ago I had same kind of questions than bkardell.

Actually I would reformulate it another way : I compare the problem to
an .exe that is using .dll files

If you build a new .exe app you may reuse existing .dlls

I understand that this is not possible with GWT as when you compile
your GWT-app, you compile the entire code in once.
The big advantage is the javascript optimization.

But would it be possible in the future to allow building GWT-app by
reusing previously built "GWT-dlls" ?
This implies that those "GWT-dlls" have a know API-contract used by
the main "GWT-exe"

In a distributed and disparate environment this has been solved with
the SOA concept using SOAP, an ESB,... with all the paylod and
complexity allowing the communication between the components.

So I don't have in mind an ESB solution, as the environment is not
distributed nor disparate.

But in the context of GWT, would it be nonsense (for the future of
course) to build new app by using pre-compiled building blocks having
their own life-cycle independant of each other ?

Yves