Hi,
I am trying to download a file from GWT client. At server side there
is a servlet which generates content of file as per request and send
it back to the client.

Test Scenarios:

Scenario 1 If I hit url of servlet directly, it always give me desired
result without any problems.

Scenario 2 Using GWT client on IE8,I am able to download file without
any code changes. However on some other computer as soon as I try to
write file content on response output stream, I get EOF exception.

org.mortbay.jetty.EofException
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpGenerator.flush(HttpGenerator.java:760)
at org.mortbay.jetty.AbstractGenerator
$Output.flush(AbstractGenerator.java:566)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$Output.flush(HttpConnection.java:
911)
at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(Unknown Source)
atXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.doGet(ServiceDataExporterServlet.java:
110)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:
717)Creating input stream....

Code of servlet is as follows:

try
{
output = new BufferedOutputStream(response.getOutputStream(),
DEFAULT_BUFFER_SIZE);
byte[] buffer = new byte[DEFAULT_BUFFER_SIZE];
int length;
int bytesWritten=0;
while ((length = data.read(buffer)) > 0) {
bytesWritten+=length;
output.write(buffer, 0, length);
}
output.flush() // At this point I am facing EOF exception.

where data is inputStream

Via means of bytesWritten variable I have confirmed that in all the
three scenarios content has been written in the same way in output
stream. But not sure why it is not working in some computers.

Any pointers will be highly appereciated.