I am developing a sample application using Activities and Places, based on
GWT team's basic Hello, goodbye example.

I have a "first place"(the default place) and a "second place". On user
click, the place is changed from first place to the second place and the
activity corresponding to the second place is invoked. The start method of
this activity is executed and immediately(within a fraction of a second)
 the onStop  method of this activity is being executed and the application
is going back to the "first place"  and the activity corresponding to the
"first place" is being executed.

Any thoughts on what might be going wrong , would be much appreciated.

thanks