On Thursday, December 30, 2010 12:01:05 PM UTC+1, jc wrote:

> Is there is any way to read, write and access a file in a local
> directory when application run i a browser ?

This is only possible if the server runs on the client's computer and hence
the server has access to the file. The security model of
all web-browsers ensure that no website is able to access or modify local
files (otherwise we all would have serious problems!). One way to circumvent
this would be to write a Java Applet with additional security permissions to
modify files. Then, you could talk to this applet via JavaScript and hence
do the modifications ... but that's not covered by GWT.