thank you for your suggestion.

I was thinking of a similar approach,
but couldn't come up with a way to populate the lookup table
(initialize it for the first time with data).

could you please explain how you register activities/places in the
lookup table, so that they are available at run-time ?

and your comment:
>>My app has a Place for every EntityProxy type.

how do you deal with composite entities ?
for example, lets say part of our app deals with Projects/Tasks/Issues
we have a number of projects, each with a list of tasks and their own
list of issues.
we would use ProjectProxy and TaskProxy and IssueProxy respectively.

and apart from these related places/proxies/activities, lets say
another section of our app
deals with Account, Payment, BillingHistory, therefore we would need
corresponding places/proxies/activities

given the scenario above:

#1 do you treat each of the entities in isolation, to model their
Places/Activities
or
#2 you group them in a hierarchy

for example,
ProjectPlace/TaskPlace/IssuePlace can have AbstractProjectPlace base
class, or an interface
ProjectActivities, TaskActivities, IssueActivities can have an
AbstractProjectActivities base class.
therefore we are forming a hierarchy, that is different than that of
Account, Payment, Billing History, for these three, we use
AbstractAccountAcitivites and AbstractAccountPlace base class
for Places and Activities.

this is one approach,

another approach is treating all of them in isolation,
act as if Task/Place/Issue have no relationship with eachother, and
treat them no differently than Account/Payment/Billing History
despite the fact they can be grouped together in their workspace
dealing with usecases specific to their hierarchy.

what is the best way to deal with scenario above in GWT MVP ?

should Activities/Places mimic structure of entity they are related
to ? (forming parallel object hierarchies ? for place/activity/proxy )

Thank  You