Yes, as of 2.1.1, you can use @Embedded with RequestFactory. The
embedded type needs to extend ValueProxy instead of EntityProxy, and
you'll need to use .with(embedded_field_name) when firing the request
in order for RF to populate the field. I expect to have a sample up in
the next week. Note that enums now work, too, as long as you declare
the enum type in the proxy, which is shared between client and server.

/dmc

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 7:16 PM, Y2i <yur...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ValueProxy can help with @Embedded, please take a look at Thomas' post
> here:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit/browse_thread/thread/743631b8460d931b/4242f0ef5de751e7?lnk=gst&q=ValueProxy#4242f0ef5de751e7
>

> On Jan 4, 3:43 pm, Aldo Neto <tumo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've been struggling with RequestFactory lately and I just found that it
>> doesn't support what I need, i.e. Embedded objects.
>>
>> "Note that RequestFactory does not currently support embedded objects
>> (@Embedded in various ORM frameworks) because it expects every entity to
>> exist independently with its own ID"
>> (fromhttp://code.google.com/intl/pt-BR/webtoolkit/doc/latest/DevGuideReque...
>> ).
>>
>> I'd like to know how I can achieve the same result as using @Embedded /
>> @EmbeddedId. Any clue?
>>
>> One last information: What I need is to map a N:M relationship and add some
>> extra data to it, so I followed these
>> instructions:http://sieze.wordpress.com/2009/09/04/mapping-a-many-to-many-join-tab...
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Aldo

David Chandler
Developer Programs Engineer, Google Web Toolkit
w: http://code.google.com/
b: http://googlewebtoolkit.blogspot.com/
t: @googledevtools