On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 12:14 PM, John LaBanca <jlaba...@google.com> wrote:

> Are you using the default locale?  I'm pretty sure that the start of week
> info comes from the CDLR locale data, which we update periodically from some
> open source resource.  Showcase uses the "en" locale, which starts on
> Sunday.  If you switch the app to French, you'll see it starts on Monday (L
> = Lundi = Monday in French).
>
> You can try adding the following lines to your gwt.xml file as a
> workaround:
>   <extend-property name="locale" values="en"/>
>   <set-property-fallback name="locale" value="en"/>
>
> @jat - Did the start of the week change for the default locale after some
> recent CDLR update?

Yes, more of the world's population uses Monday as the first day of the
week, so we use that for "default".  Previously, most "default" values were
from "en".

As you suggest, you really should always be running a GWT app in a real
locale if possible, rather than "default" -- it should truly be the last
resort if you have nothing better to match.

--
John A. Tamplin
Software Engineer (GWT), Google