I have the following code in a GWT 2.1.0 project:

public void onSubmit (FormPanel.SubmitEvent event)
{
        // This event is fired just before the form is submitted. We can take
        // this opportunity to perform validation.
        String filename = gDataFileUploader.getFilename ();
        if (filename.length () == 0)
        {
                showAlert ("Need a valid File Name in before we can upload a
file!");
                event.cancel ();

Unfortunately, although it is called, the cancel () call doesn't stop
the submit from happening, and doesn't stop onSubmitComplete from
being called.  Is this a GWT bug or a browser bug?  (FireFox 3.6)

TIA,

Greg