Gwt didn't support java logging since recently, cause some limitations
on the compiler.
I agree with you on the uibinder + i18n, that could be much simpler. I
am using apt on guit to make that simpler
(http://code.google.com/p/guit/source/browse/trunk/GuitPlugin/src/guitplugin/I18nProcessor.java?r=614).
i.e: Contacts.ui.xml -> Contacts_en.properties, Contacts_es.properties
Best

On 1/11/11, Paul Robinson <ukcue...@gmail.com> wrote:
> GWT translates your java source into javascript. That means that your GWT
> java isn't "true" java, and there are things you just cannot do because at
> the end of the day, it has to work in javascript. The use of many third
> party java libraries is precluded by the javascript translation because they
> use parts of the standard java classes that don't translate.
>
> Also, the opportunities for optimisation in GWT are quite different from
> plain java. That means some design decisions can take advantage of things
> that exist in the GWT world that don't in plain java.
>
> Paul
>
> On 11/01/11 09:14, Aladdin wrote:
>> First I wanna say that I love GWT. But I feel that GWT sometimes
>> reinvent the wheels or try to create new tools that we need to relearn
>> instead  of relaying on Java&  other Java's open source projects.
>>
>> UiBinder and I18N. Java already has a Resource Bundle feature.
>>
>> I think Google is confused about the language, they built GWT on Java
>> because of Java's popularity, but I want to say that is nothing that
>> specially about the syntax, the main important are the libraries.
>> e.g , GWT.log ! why they reinventing logging !
>>

>> After 10 years experience in Java, I have to relearn how to do I18N !!
>> why ?
>>

>> So my advice to Google, give us Java, i.e , the platform,  with
>> current model and the core library. Not the syntax. I rather write in
>> PHP with the same Java library, than write in Java with a new
>> framework !
>>
>> What you guys think ?

Guit: Elegant, beautiful, modular and *production ready* gwt applications.

http://code.google.com/p/guit/