After 70+ hours working on this issue, I found what is causing it!, on
my mac I'm using JVM 64 bits, the same on that windows 7 machine using
an core i5 processor. After desperate tests I took my wife's computer
running windows 7 and the project runs ok there, the only difference I
could find after a while looking was the JVM version, it has 32 bits,
so I downloaded the jvm 32 bits and installed it on my windows 7
machine instead of the 64 bits, and it worked smoothly, now I'm trying
to find a way to have a 32-bits version of java running on my mac...

what's the process for reporting an issue to the gwt team?, I think
this clearly is one!

anyway, thank you for those who took the time to read on the issue,
although no answers were provided!

Oscar H