Wow, thanks a lot :-)

On 11.01.2011 19:45, Thomas Broyer wrote:

On Tuesday, January 11, 2011 5:51:59 PM UTC+1, George Georgovassilis wrote:

    Hi Richard,

    Sorry to hijack this thread (I promise I'll be quiet after that:-).
    Since I've not yet had the chance to write any code with the
    RequestFactory, I am still curious about the http payload size. For
    example, what I didn't like with RPC was that it included the full
    qualified class names in the serialized payload which imo could have
    been avoided and bloats up the payload.

It can be avoided using a simple <inherit name='com.google.gwt.user.RemoteServiceObfuscateTypeNames <http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/source/browse/trunk/user/src/com/google/gwt/user/RemoteServiceObfuscateTypeNames.gwt.xml?r=9519>' />

    How does that look like with RequestFactory's payload?

It's generally lighter, but as of GWT 2.1.1 there's still no way to obfuscate the type names (contrary to GWT-RPC, RF is designed to work with different "versions" of the app on the clients and servers; you don't *have* to redeploy your server code if you only change your client code –even if you change your proxies and service stubs– and vice versa, making sure your clients refresh their page, –even if you change your domain objects–)
See http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/issues/detail?id=5729