Hi
I am also dealing with this problem now, trying to find some example
for authentication for EJB + GWT .. and since I am total newbie to
security topics, I would also appreciate some advise:)

@Thomas I was thinking about using all those new 2.1 classes like
UserInformation etc... but I have read that in gwt 2.1.1 some classes
used to support some simple authentication will be deleted ( or
already are), as mentioned here:
http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/issues/detail?id=5564.
So should we try to follow example which is still using:
UserInformation, UserInformationProxy, UserInformationRequest,
UserInformationSimpleImp, LoginWidget ..? and if yes, which parts you
could recommend to investigate?:)
And one more question, is there also a good way for authorization of
GWT applications? I will use  roles in my application and I would like
to make some panels/widgets to show up only if user has given role. Is
there any good example showing how to do it ?

thanks a lot,
agata