I solve this issue by having a single application wide event bus that
is passed to all of the presenters in my application.  I bundle it up
with other application resources, such as a navigation control and an
application wide model, and simply hand it to them in the
constructor.  So, if I wanted to do the same thing you describe in my
application, I would simply have the controller that is listening to
your updates push data into the application model, which would then
fire off change events in the application event bus, and the other
controllers would all be listening to those events.

I haven't used the place/activity thing yet, so I don't know how those
work exactly, but I would imagine there should be a way to hand them
an application resource bundle on creation.

-Ben