When running in DevMode using FF 3.6 or IE8, performance is pretty
good.  By performance, I mean the time it takes to refresh the page
containing the GWT app.

When running in Chrome 8 or 9, reload takes much longer, uses more
cpu, etc.  I expect that this has something to do with the process per
tab model of Chrome, and maybe spawning a new process on a page
refresh.

Is there anything I can do to improve performance running in DevMode
under Chrome?