Magnus --

Try something like this:

Widget widget = ...;
Element element = widget.getElement();
int paddingTop = getComputedStyle(element,"paddingTop");
int paddingRight = getComputedStyle(element,"paddingRight");
int paddingBottom = getComputedStyle(element,"paddingBottom");
int paddingLeft = getComputedStyle(element,"paddingTLeft");

public static native int getComputedStyle(Element elem, String prop)
/*-{
    var strValue = "";
    if ($doc.defaultView && $doc.defaultView.getComputedStyle) // W3C
    {
        strValue =
$doc.defaultView.getComputedStyle(elem,null).getPropertyValue(prop);
    }
    else if (elem.currentStyle) // IE
    {
        strValue = elem.currentStyle[prop];