could you please clarify what do you mean by stateful view ?

>>Pages through: stays on "#List?id=aaa" but *this view is stateful *
>>(keeps information on the current page)

>>Hits back: goes back to "#List?id=aaa" on the last page viewed
>>(*because it's stateful*)

and another question,
why do you not implement history for paging through resultset ?
for example, given that we have a list of items,
user navigates to:
1- Page 1 of the result set  # /lists/aaa
2- Page 2 of the result set  #/lists/aaa/p2
3- Page 3 of the result set #/lists/aaa/p3
4-Page 4 of the result set  #/lists/aaa/p4

5-  selects item bbb on page 4,
     goes to see the details of the item bbb #/lists/aaa/item/bbb

6- hits back button , goes to step 4, Page 4
7- hits back button, goes  to Step 3, Page 3
8- hits back button, goes to Step 2, Page 2,
9 - hits back button, goes to Step1, Page 1

and there is a link, in form of a breadcrumb, that takes the user
to the initial page if he desires to do so.

what is wrong with this implementation, in terms of usability and user
experience ?
and why you opt to not implement it this way ?

Thank You